Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm here...kind of

Look missy...I feel your scream without you even screaming it. Here it comes...
I AM VINDICATED!!
LOL

So...I am WAY behind. I was puking sick for 2 days, work got swamped, I went to Oregon coast with the family and had no time to write (while chasing my son around everywhere), and then Ryan and I went to Vegas for 3 days. I know this is just another list of life-long excuses but I feel at least one or two are valuable. right?

So I have been HAND WRITING cause my douche husband is always on our laptop and I'm tired of begging for time. Which means I have NO idea of my actual word count...but based on the few pages I managed to convert to type...I'm going to say I'm about 11,000 words...give or take a couple thousand. i've written consistently the last few days.

What has re-inspired me? Well, i brought 4 books to Vegas. I read about 90 pages of one on the plane and wanted to toss the crap out the window. Took out my "never-fail-to-rock" author and hymmed and haaa'd my way through it. Boring. Took out an author whose plots are always ridiculously unbelievable but entertaining and I think I actually YAWNED. So I decided that since authors are now disappointing me with their uninspiring, awful concotions, I better just work on my own. Which seems to be much the same but at least it means I am one step closer to saying "I have published another book." Because, my dearest friend, we know that deep down...Self publishing IS real publishing.

PS.
Does this post count in my word count??

No comments:

Post a Comment